blankhomeaboutthe fammy faithwhats cookinget crafty

Sunday, January 27, 2013

White Chocolate Biscoff Cookies


Ben and I were reminiscing recently about our first few years of marriage. What a crazy time. Newlyweds, sans children, Ben trying to make a living, me trying to finish my schooling, just bought a house, making new friends, exploring the Bay area; the list can go on and on. One thing I really enjoyed was being able to meet Ben almost everyday for lunch. Often we didn't have more than 30 minutes so we would often meet for a fast meal at Subway. Jared, Subway Jared had reeled us in with his promises of healthy eating and weight loss :) Veggie sandwich for me and  meat and bacon for Ben. Subway or not, I have always felt an entitlement to have a treat after every meal. Well, breakfast excluded. I don't know where I got this idea from or who convinced me it was even a good idea, but its something I have done for at least my entire married career and it is something that I thoroughly thoroughly look forward to. And probably the first thing that should go if I ever decide to go on a strict diet :) So after every Subway sandwich we would always buy two cookies, one white chocolate macadamia nut and one chocolate chip.

On a particular visit to Subway with my hubby we happen to arrive at the same time the workers were baking their cookies. I noticed that they placed their cookie dough into a version of what looked like a muffin tin only not as deep. A light bulb went off in my head...a really really big light bulb!  I don't know about you but I love my cookies big and thick! And so often I am disappointed when my cookies turn out thin and flat :( Why was watching Subway workers put cookie dough into a flatter muffin tin so revelatory you ask?! Well I will tell you. Cookie dough+ regular muffin tin= thick and soft and gooey and yummy cookies!! Perfection! What a brilliant idea! Problem solved...no more flat cookies...EVER. And now I share with you my white chocolate biscoff muffin tin cookie recipe. 
Now my new problem is wanting to eat all of these cookies!

White Chocolate Biscoff Muffin Tin Cookies

Ingredients:
3 2/3 cups flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon  baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon course salt
1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup Biscoff Spread or Cookie Butter Spread
2 large eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 bag white chocolate chips


Directions:
Sift together the dry ingredients; set aside. Combine butter and sugars, mixing until light and fluffy in texture, about 5 minutes. Add Biscoff and mix. Mix in the eggs, one at at time. Add vanilla. Reduce speed to low and add the dry ingredients. Mix just until the ingredients are incorporated. Stir in the white chocolate chips. Place cookie dough, covered, into the refrigerator for minimum 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Form dough into small rounded balls and place into muffin tin cups. 

Bake 8-9 minutes or until edges are barely golden. Let cool in muffin tin for a minimum of 5 minutes. Remove cookies from tin and place onto cooling rack to cool completely.


Untitled_zpsf419afba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips